I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have
loved you, so you too should love one another. John 13:34

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Giving up


Self inflicted
Self induced
My mind is a rain storm on the open sea

My heart eternally breaking
This is not up to me

The emotions come like waves
I am endlessly searching for the calm in my storm

Why do I let you have this power over me?

Your heart is empty
Your hands are full of rage

When you see me
You see a puppet that you can easily play

I want to finish breaking
So I can heal in the correct way

I am tired of feeling
I am tired of hurting
I am tired of all this pain

How do I tell me heart to stop?
How do I get my mind to win?

This is a battle I have no control in

God, please take my heart and make it whole
God, please take my life and make it yours

This war inside of me is taking its toll
I am not sure how much longer this can go on

I am tired of taking this in my own hands
I am tired of trying to fix things with my power
This is me
Giving up

Please lead me in the direction that I am supposed to be
Please help me see the path you have for me

No comments:

Post a Comment