I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have
loved you, so you too should love one another. John 13:34

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The Danger of it all

Where my mind is
Love should be
Where my heart is
Love should be
For love is the very commandment
Love is where it all begins
And where it all should end

My heart is humbled
My thoughts are cleared
Understanding has burst in to my life
Like an uninvited friend
I felt uneasy at its presence
Yet I was happy that it came

This isn’t up to me
Yet I tried to make it
This isn’t about me
Yet I felt it was

The words I spoke
Like slivers of glass
Slicing at your soul
The actions I chose
Like an angry child
I screamed and I flailed
Confusing your every thought

If I am who I say I am
Then I should be just that
Yet I found I was hiding in the shell of someone who wanted to be
Someone of make believe

Without actions your faith is useless
Without a true heart words are meaningless

Life isn’t and shouldn’t be about the things we tend to make it
No monogram towel
No picket fence
No family with shiny white teeth
Will make your heart complete
Only a true love that runs deep within
That overflows from the inside out
That touches the soul of those around
Leaving them feeling loved in return
Love shouldn’t be mean
Love shouldn’t be judgmental
Love shouldn’t be fierce
Love shouldn’t be cold
Love should be sweet
Love should be gentle
Love should be understanding
Love should be warm

Love should always be.

No comments:

Post a Comment